Subject: Re: Refraction
From: [email-masked] (Bob Mueller)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 21:57:06 PDT

Mark Thompson <[email-masked]> writes:

> > However, when I
> > turn *on* refraction, my image renders first, (and *solid*) and then my
> > background renders behind it.
> 
> This is a common mistake. You cannot trace refraction through a surface to
> a background image because background images have no actual location in 3D
> space. 

Thanks, Mark. Its working well now!

> BTW, my next article for LWPro deals with techniques and issues for using
> refraction in LightWave.

Looking forward to it!  Is that bug which required a refractive index of 1.001
of no concern anymore?  (Having read your post of long ago regarding that one,
I have been using 1.001, not 1.1 as I wrote.  I haven't yet set it back to 1.0
since my last *successful* experiment with refraction.)

Thanks again,
               bOB

                   *~                                    *~
   [email-masked] ~~~~~~~~~b~~ *~ [email-masked] ~~~~~~~~~b~~  *~
    ~~~~~~ /|  *~| ~~|  *~   |  ~~O~~    ~~~~~~  /|*~  | ~~|    *~ | ~~O~~
     ~~~~ (_|_  _|   |_*~ _  |_  ~~B~~    ~~~~  (_|_  _|   |_ *~_  |_ ~~B~~
    *~////  |~~(_| ~ !_)~(_)~!_) ||||||   *~||||  |~~(_| ~ !_)~(_)~!_) \\\\\\